POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A bauble : Re: A bauble Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bauble
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 21 Dec 2010 21:38:36
Message: <op.vn3gahd80819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:18:14 -0500, Dre <and### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I know what you mean about so much to learn!  Its never ending!  Just
> when you have worked one thing out, something else gets in your way and
> its back to the books!  All good fun though.

Indeed! I dislike easily learned things; the more complicated the better!
;D
This is why I pursue things like this in cycles; multiple complex topics
in rotation capture the eye of the mind far more effectively than some
singularly myopic aspiration.

> Its probably not what you want to hear, but I actually like the first pic
> better, the one that took 3 days, the blue looks much nicer to me...

Actually, from a purely aesthetic perspective, I agree completely. I like
the darker blue images far more than the others.
However, the desired outcome of this experiment is a realistic
distribution of "bubbles" within an icicle construct (in these images,
they are sin and cos distributed helices). Not shown within this thread
are more advanced examples; but they look like hammered dog poo (they are
all about distribution and enclosure within the icicle object, not looking
nice). So far, the render times have been prohibitively lengthy...to quote
Warp, I will need to find a different way unless waiting "for the sun to
die" is an acceptable amount of render time . ;D

I think this will come to tessellation...which means I will release an
alpha before I go that far, with capabilities which allow reasonable
render times.

> Cheers Dre

Ian