POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kaleidoscopic IFS 2 : Re: Kaleidoscopic IFS 2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaleidoscopic IFS 2
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 22 Dec 2010 05:18:55
Message: <op.vn31ltcm0819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
Ah! I must thank you sir, your stalactite code assisted me greatly in

learning to produce very nice icicle shapes. :)
It is amazing how simple the solutions to certain problems are when you

can see how another has tackled a similar issue.

I agree about the dying part...even if pov dies and I at least partially

move on, I can never truly imagine leaving it forever or completely. It
is

such a wonderful tool...I hope it never dies. I will start teaching my s
on

to use it when he is old enough, for the purposes of introduction to C

based languages (great way; you are gratified with images, not just ment
al

constructs) and to keep new generations contributing to and using the

software...hopefully...but children are their own people...so you never

know..

As a side note, getting it to compile with VS2010 Ultimate under .NET 4.
0

has proven to be a pain...I should spend more time on the issue.

Ian

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:46:21 -0500, Jaime Vives Piqueres