POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alley Sunflower Final : Alley Sunflower Final Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Alley Sunflower Final
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 13 Jun 2010 03:47:24
Message: <op.vd8ak2dbufxv4h@xena>
Hopefully the final version ;)
Everything is Pov-generated.
The wall uses a mixture of isosurfaces and Pov-generated meshes (using
Bill Pragnell's Meshrelief macro).
The asphalt was originally an isosurface, but it used too much memory so I
made a height-field from the isosurface. The asphalt texture was rendered
as an hdri because it became over-saturated if I anything else. I then
used normals to make the stony texture as a hi-res height-field would also
use too much memory.

The sunflower uses the Fibonacci sequence for the seeds. Leaves and petals
are hand-coded bezier-patches.
The bins are CSG with an agate normal for the dents.
Grass and weeds are placed using the method Jaime suggested.
Buildings across the street are done with my building macro.
Gutters are sphere-sweeps.

I used +a0.1 for anti-aliasing, but the contrast between the bright
background and the shadow side of the building seems to prevent proper
anti-aliasing. Not even focal blur helped, so I left out the focal blur
because then it takes days to render without much improvement.

Comments welcome.

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: