POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunflower Alley WIP #2 : Sunflower Alley WIP #2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Sunflower Alley WIP #2
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 12 May 2010 03:21:23
Message: <op.vckzz3jtufxv4h@go-dynamite>
I've been running into memory problems with the tar surface - an
isosurface with a max-gradient of between 100-200. So I rather made a
height-field using a black to white gradient for depth. I had to use
normals for the stony texture because I would have had to use an image
30000 pixels high to get the stone bumps showing in a heightfield.

I think the bricks are fine now. I still need to add doors, windows and
fire-escape steps, etc.

Comments, critique and help welcome.

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fibonacci alley 2.png' (843 KB)

Preview of image 'fibonacci alley 2.png'
fibonacci alley 2.png