POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alley Sunflower WIP : Alley Sunflower WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Alley Sunflower WIP
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 28 Apr 2010 00:47:30
Message: <op.vbuvk8xwufxv4h@xena>
Redoing a scene I lost when my old PC went belly-up.

It's an idea I have for a painting that I want to make. So now I first
want to try and create a "photo" to paint from - with Pov-Ray :)
I still need to add doors, windows, fire-escape and trash. Any suggestions
on how to do these objects will be highly appreciated.

I ran into memory problems with the isosurface bricks, so this is a
mixture of isosurface and mesh bricks using Bill Pragnells mesh relief
macro. I have 5 different mesh bricks, randomly mirrored and rotated, but
I still get 3 of the same bricks in a row. Any ideas on how to get it more
random?

Also struggling with the tar texture. I'm trying to get the effect of old
cracked tar. It's an isosurface using a pigment function.

Suggestions, help and critique welcome.

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: