POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garage : Re: Garage Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garage
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 1 Apr 2010 04:14:41
Message: <op.vag46g1jufxv4h@go-dynamite>
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 09:28:25 +0200, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

>> "Garage" inspired by scene with a famous car in a similar setting. With
>> more light on the car I realise i realy need to fix the headlights and
>> and
>> model a proper interior for the car.
>>
>> Comments and critique welcome.
>
> Very nice lighting, textures and modelling.

Thanks. That's a 2day 22hr render on MC-Pov :)

> The left front wing top crease line seems to have a dent in it.

I wanted it to blend from smooth to a crease. I'll have to figure a way to
fix it - it's only the normals.

> It's not clear what's happening at the front grill, on the left side it
> looks like two separate parts (one with a very sharp edge!), whereas the
> right side it looks nicely smoother together.  At the bottom right
> corner also it looks like there is a stray pointy surface somehow.

I'll redo this part completely.

> I'm not sure if those wing mirrors are going to be usable at high speed,
> they look like they will be vibrating around madly!  But that's more car
> design, not modelling...

=D

> The glass roof seems to bulge up too much on the right side of the
> image, but maybe that's just an optical illusion somehow.

It's perfectly symmetrical. The pillars are infinitely thin, so if I just
model pillars for the inside, it should look a lot better.

-Nekar Xenos-