POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Textured block pattern problem : Re: Textured block pattern problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Textured block pattern problem
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 25 Mar 2009 16:55:43
Message: <op.urc8exz06b35ac@your-727a0a4e7c.vipowernet.net>

<yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> While playing around with procedurally generated countries' flags, I
> tried to use them in patterns... and to make it simple in the beginning,
> I started with a checker pattern containing the flags of Palau and
> Trinidad and Tobago:

Here are some procedurally-generated flags I was experimenting with a year
and a half ago.  The first 3 are:
   - U.S. Virgins Islands, where I live;
   - United States of America, my country of citizenship;
   - Maryland, USA, where I was staying when I made these flags.

I didn't make a Trinidad and Tobago; not enough of a challenge, I guess.
Instead I submit nearby countries Barbados and St. Vincent and the
Grenadines.  (I have flags languishing of even closer countries, Venezuela
(which is a good swim from Trinidad) and Grenada, as well as T&T itself.
However, they are from my pre-POV-Ray days.)

The colors may seem a bit coolish; the monitor I was using at the time was
damaged and didn't illuminate properly.

--
<Insert witty .sig here>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'usvi-flag.png' (22 KB) Download 'usa-flag.png' (11 KB) Download 'maryland-flag.png' (4 KB) Download 'barbados-flag.png' (2 KB) Download 'st_vincent-flag.png' (3 KB)

Preview of image 'usvi-flag.png'
usvi-flag.png

Preview of image 'usa-flag.png'
usa-flag.png