POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bathtub - take 2 : Re: Bathtub - take 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bathtub - take 2
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 20 Dec 2008 21:38:43
Message: <op.umhqyg0e6b35ac@your-727a0a4e7c.vipowernet.net>

"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I'd love to see someone find something better than f_ridge for the Lego
> pool.

I don't know what your criteria are for the Lego pool, but I'm sure
someone can do better than both f_ridged_mf() and f_ridged().  Please find
attached isocolor and shaded relief illustrations of these functions.
They are:
   - waves-ridge1.jpg - f_ridged_mf() as Christoph used it;
   - waves-ridge2.jpg - Christoph's usage as I modified it;
   - waves-ridge3.jpg - f_ridge() as alphaQuad used it.
They don't exactly look like water waves from this angle.

These function calls appear to be the sort of tool that does its job well
 from certain perspective--namely, water waves at typical viewing
angles--but are hardly general solutions.

> I doubt anyone can.

Very fragile generalization.

--
<Insert witty .sig here>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'waves-ridge1.jpg' (104 KB) Download 'waves-ridge2.jpg' (122 KB) Download 'waves-ridge3.jpg' (72 KB)

Preview of image 'waves-ridge1.jpg'
waves-ridge1.jpg

Preview of image 'waves-ridge2.jpg'
waves-ridge2.jpg