POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Space entry continued : Re: IRTC Space entry continued Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Space entry continued
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 31 Jan 2010 12:19:57
Message: <op.u7eqfeupufxv4h@xena>
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:47:48 +0200, Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

>> I've tried different wave types and I still have the same problem,
>> everywhere were there is transparency on the rings with the planet
>> showing through, the cloud media is gone, as if the max-trace level i
>> too low. I have max_trace_level 256.
>>

> A disk is not just a surface. It is in fact the intersection of a plan

> and an infinite cylinder, showing only the cap. Anything under or behi
nd

> it is considered inside. Media can't exist inside an object like a pla
ne.

> Add hollow to your disk and the media problem should go away.
>

> Alain

I've finally fixed it by adding hollow to the isosurface surface of the

vulcanic planet. I'm not sure why it works, but it does. I think it migh

be a bug because the problem does not appear when using ver 3.62, only o

3.7 beta.

Another thing: Should I put the materializing enemy craft in again or do
es

it look better without it?

--

-Nekar Xenos-