POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Space entry continued : Re: IRTC Space entry continued Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Space entry continued
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 31 Jan 2010 12:32:36
Message: <op.u7eq0h10ufxv4h@xena>
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 01:31:22 +0200, Agustin Britait Molina
<agu### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> You allow a criticism, I hope constructively.
>
> Technically the picture is outstanding, this done entirely with POV? As
> an IRTC
> I suppose, a great job.
>
> However, the criticism is in design: the image is too heavy, has too many
> things.
>
> The images of deep space have to give the impression that we are looking
> at
> infinity, we look to the void, this picture gives the contrary
> impression, we
> are in the midst of a crowded city. At least in my view should not be.
>
> I could remove the second planet ring (red), he excess, and the ship in
> the
> left, the image stays the same technique and outstanding, but less
> saturated
> with things.
>
> Another possible solution would be to use an image size larger to get
> the same
> items, with this you get a spacious feeling without losing the things
> that you
> created, or reduce slightly the size of the elements.
>
> As for realism, is not possible, by the gravitational forces involved,
> have a
> multiple system of planets like the ring samples, the rings are formed by
> gravitational stability (they are like dust settled) in a system with
> several
> massive bodies, these rings would end shredded sooner or later.
>
> I hope these words do not detract your great work, a greeting.

Thank you for your input, I was looking for critique :)

Maybe I should move the camera more backwards, to give the impression of
infinity. I will play around with the scale of the planets and rings some
more.

--
-Nekar Xenos-
"The spoon is not real"