POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another meeting? : Re: Another meeting? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another meeting?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 17 Apr 2008 05:35:59
Message: <op.t9q0stk2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:47:58 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:02:25 +0100, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>
>>> Not very except if there was a game on in London. I never had to book.
>>> I did the journey by overnight bus as well. You just get to sleep then
>>> you are woken up at the stop in Southwaite.
>>
>> Ah therefore unprofitable (unless you charge more) and a service that
>> should be removed ;-)
>
> Woosh! ???

Yeah, no it was a fairly wooshable statement. As everything's privatised
now a train service with few passengers is most likely unprofitable
therefore the company running it has three options - 1) Charge more. This
covers the cost of running the train at the price of losing customers to
whom the service is non-essential, therefore requiring you to charge more
to the remaining customers until you're only left with those who *have* to
use it being charged a small fortune. 2) Drop the service. Best option in
that you now have a free train and driver to put on a more profitable
route. 3) Get a subsidy from the government. Better option, you can still
charge a near-exorbitant fee and 'make-up' your losses from the taxpayers.

>>> There's not much difference when you write it down :)
>>> Their accents are as rough as a badgers …
>>
>> I'll try that as an excuse next time I call someone with a Scottish
>> accent a "Geordie lad" :-P
>>
> On your own head be it :)

Assuming I keep it afterwards.

> But then you are from the Home Counties so keep up the stereotype :)

Alrought chuck oil stop me Saff Landan talk na.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com