POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Phil Cook
Date: 23 Apr 2008 11:55:07
Message: <op.t92mhua8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:57:58 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:30:40 +0100, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>
>> And lo on Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:12:20 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
>> spake, saying:
>>
>>> The difficulty is finding books which are actually enjoyable to read.
>>> Don't get me wrong, I do *enjoy* reading good fiction. The difficulty
>>> is finding it.
>>
>> Out of pure curiosity have you had chance to glance at any of the titles
>> or authors that everyone here has suggested at one time or another?
>
> I don't think that there is any point. I've met lots of people who
> don't read fiction and if you've not picked up the habit by your
> twenties then I don't think that there is much chance that you ever
> will.

I just can't imagine not reading fiction; it's just my default state of
being.

> Me I read the back of the cereal packet at breakfast. Over and
> over :)

Well they do sometimes put quizes on the back, or mazes; mazes are fun ;-)

Personally I avoid reading cereal packets. It's an odd quirk but at that
time in the morning I really don't want to know what makes up the contents
of my breakfast; or for that matter which irrating personality is
endorsing it and telling me what I should be eating with it, how I should
be eating it, and what I should be doing before and after eating it and
basically making me feel bad about just dumping it in a bowl with some
milk before conveying it from bowl to mouth with a spoon in an feeble
attempt to gain consciousness prior to the coffee hit.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com