POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Apr 2008 11:50:30
Message: <op.t90rm7dmc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:41:54 +0100, Shay <sha### [at] nonenone> did
spake, saying:

> Invisible wrote:
>> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/archives/268
>>  How many of these words can *you* figure out, without looking them up?
>>  Am I just supremely illiterate, or are these words actually rare?
>>
> You're not knowing these words supports my low opinion of geek
> television and literature [1], which I have found to be typically inane.
> What I can't figure out is why? Why are such an intelligent group of
> people drawn so strongly to children's books and poorly written pulp
> magazine serials?

Answer 1: Because geeks work their brains so hard they sometimes need to
give them the equivalent of a nice sit down and a cuppa.
Answer 2: Because socially and emotionally that's what what geeks relate
to most.

Pick one or submit your own :-)

--
Phil Cook