POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why is the music industry so privileged? : Re: Why is the music industry so privileged? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:29:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is the music industry so privileged?
From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 Apr 2008 06:43:18
Message: <op.t8zetcukc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:10:36 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> Democracy is a lousy system.  The only thing going for it, is that it's
>> better than anything else we've tried.
>
>> (Sorry, can't remember who originally said that).

Churchill

>   Someone has also said that democracy is a dictatorship of the majority.

Hmm Marx mentioned a dictatorship of the proletariat, but only as a
transitional period between capitalism and communismm otherwise I don't
know who said that.

>   IMO he's wrong. In practice democracy really is a dictatorship of a
> minority. It just fools citizens to believe that it isn't.

"In politics, an organized minority is a political majority"

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com