POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 Apr 2008 04:46:04
Message: <op.t8y9e51ac3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:36:07 +0100, Gilles Tran
<gil### [at] agroparistechfr> did spake, saying:

> de
> news: op.t8xqkvy4c3xi7v@news.povray.org...
>
>> Still refuses to create or open an Access 2k database in Access 2k.
>
> Do you have the trial version of Office 2007 installed? There's a problem
> with references due to Vista's security requirements (it's explained in
> detail somewhere in the KB) so you can't have 2K and 2007 installed
> without
> Access 2k crashing or doing weird stuff. Just uninstall the trial Office
> 2007 and it should work.

Odd I thought I'd answered this, oh well.

Yeah the trial version of Office 07 was on it, and got removed; then
Outlook 07 was put back on. Stupidly I looked up the error code and
googled that rather then 'why doesn't Access 2k work with 07' I'll have a
look at that though I suspect the answer will be buy Access 07.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com