POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 Apr 2008 03:34:12
Message: <op.t8y533p6c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:23:16 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:17:12 +0100, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>

>> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>>
>>> Still annoyed that to shut it down you have to pick the arrow next to
>>> the
>>> lock button which then displays a sad 98 style menu bar as if it was
>>> some
>>> sort of afterthought (reading some articles it may well have been).
>
> Oh! A rant against Vista. Can I join in? :)

Sorry invitation only :-P

> I've also been using the trial version of office 2007 and I can't find
> anything when I want it. My F1 key is showing signs of wear. Great new
> job and new software, don't ya love it? :)

First experience with Word 2007 was trying to simply open a file on the
network. The program started and I thought "So how the hell do I open a
file?" No File, Edit etc. menu; no Open File icon. I flicked through the
ribbons with no succes and hit F1 which directed me to the big windows
icon in the top left corner which I hadn't even noticed. I suppose I could
have tried Ctrl+O, just didn't occur to me at the time.

>>      My wife received a laptop from Father Christmas recently, and with
>> Vista Home, I noticed that too.
>>
>>        First thought was: "Weird!"
>>
> What lock button? Oh! Ctrl Alt Del doesn't bring up the taskmanager.
> Isn't that a step backward?

Yeah as discussed the default behaviour for Vista is the occasional
behaviour of XP depending on the user configuration.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com