POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 12:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Apr 2008 10:58:54
Message: <op.t8xvyzxuc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 01 Apr 2008 16:36:07 +0100, Gilles Tran
<gil### [at] agroparistechfr> did spake, saying:

> de
> news: op.t8xqkvy4c3xi7v@news.povray.org...
>
>> Still refuses to create or open an Access 2k database in Access 2k.
>
> Do you have the trial version of Office 2007 installed? There's a problem
> with references due to Vista's security requirements (it's explained in
> detail somewhere in the KB) so you can't have 2K and 2007 installed
> without
> Access 2k crashing or doing weird stuff. Just uninstall the trial Office
> 2007 and it should work.

It was installed and got uninstalled, but it does have full Outlook 07 on
it now.

I looked up the exact error I was getting in the KB and it told me I was
trying to open a database that had been sorted in the non-default way in a
different language, which a) wasn't true and b) wasn't true. Nothing about
'oh by the way you can't have a 07 and 2k product installed on Vista at
the same time', but I'll have another look; thanks.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com