POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant : Re: Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Apr 2008 06:21:02
Message: <op.t8xi0wgmc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:21:46 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Doctor John wrote:
>> Why is it that so many M$ users (present company excepted) defend their
>> choice by pointing to the success of M$ as a company rather than being
>> able to rationally discuss the pros and cons of Windows (all variants)
>> as a stable and secure OS?
>
> Because non-technical people don't know about that stuff. They just know
> that it can't be *too* bad if that many people are using it.  I.e., they
> look at the users, and trust the opinion of those who most got it right.
>
> It's not science, it's politics.

Another conversation

"Millions of people can't be wrong!"
"Why not?"
"Um well because er if something was wrong then people would stop using it"
"And the first person who tries that gets told 'Millions of people can't
be wrong'"
"Um"

--
Phil Cook