POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : As if we didn't have enough to worry about... : Re: As if we didn't have enough to worry about... Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: As if we didn't have enough to worry about...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 7 Apr 2008 06:23:51
Message: <op.t88kh2qoc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:37:41 +0100, Gail Shaw sa dot com>

<"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
>
>> So let me get this straight *Mr* Wagner, who studied physics, and Mr
>> Sancho, an author, are attempting to get an injunction in Hawaii

>> against a
>> European Science Group, of which they United States is not a part, fr
om
>> operating in Switzerland because they've failed to carry out an
>> environmental impact statement as required under a Act that doesn't

>> apply to them.

> For some extra fun, find the New Scientist article that reports on thi
s.

> The
> article's sane, the comments get progressively more ridiculous.

Perusing it now; heh.

> Why do these people seem to think they know more about subatomic physi
cs
> than the professional scientists do?

Because for some reason 'people' are being taught that their unqualifed

reasoning is equal to that of qualified reasoning; that their opinion

matters on every subject regardless of their knowledge (or lack thereof)

of it.

> Oh wait, I forgot. Science = Evil. Geeks are losers. Geniuses are al
ways
> trying to take over or destroy the world. Right. Now I got it.

Hell yeah, I'm betting all the negative comments are from Jocks (not you

Stephen) who used to shut up Geeks in their lockers and are now petrifie

that they're going to be zapped with Ray-Guns.

> Down with Progress! Back to the Stone Age!

Oh I don't know have you conducted a full H&S assessment on the results
of

banging two stones together? It could create a spark that sets the entir

atmosphere aflame; think we'd better return to the Mud Age instead.

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com