POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC - The first day! : IRTC - The first day! Server Time
10 Sep 2024 21:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC - The first day!
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 5 Sep 2005 23:50:17
Message: <op.swnwzkm205glvk@localhost.localdomain>
Well, the new IRTC round is Oppisites. I've decided to do a railway-themed
entry. I started modeling today and have made I think a good amount of
progress for a single afternoon. This is also the first bit of serious
POVing in a bit over a year. I've gotten a quite solid model of US railway
track (notice the fine details, such as the spikes and joints between
sections. I've also gotten a decent start on one of the locomotives for
the scene, a circa 1941 Alco RS-1. I've put three of them in the scene to
fill it in a bit, since there is no real scene at the moment, just a
plane. Texturing for the most part is pretty basic right now, but I love
the rust-over-black paint I cooked up for the railings on the engine. Any
comments most welcome!

Here's an image of the real thing:

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/gm400.jpg

Attachments: