POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unclear images : Re: Unclear images Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unclear images
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 13 Sep 2005 13:58:23
Message: <op.sw1yvrqe05glvk@localhost.localdomain>
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:37:51 -0400, lovandenberg <lov### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> "Tyler Eaves" <tyl### [at] mailshackcom> wrote:
>> Frankly pov-ray is far from ideal for what you are trying to do. You're
>> really working with vector data, so I'd look at some sort of PDF or SVG
>> oriented solution.
>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
>
> Hi Tyler,
>
> I used PoV-Ray only because it has such a nice programmable coordinate
> system. I don't know about other systems that have this feature.
>
> Lo

Any decent drawing library will really probably be easier to use than POV
for anything non-trivial. You might want to look at, say, ReportLab for
Python (PDF), or any SVG library for your language of choice. 2d != 3d,
and you are being poorly served by using the latter to generate the former.