POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mayan Stela (little exercise, ~ 25 kb) : Re: Mayan Stela (little exercise, ~ 25 kb) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mayan Stela (little exercise, ~ 25 kb)
From: Daniel S  Matthews
Date: 10 Jun 2005 19:58:12
Message: <op.sr6h6cqld5227z@beastie.mshome.net>
Here is the view from the top of one part of the huge city of Caracol in
Belize.
Behind this group you can just see the base of another which is still
totaly covered in jungle.

Keep in mind that they didn't look much like they do now, they were
covered in plaster painted red, white and black, and they had thatched
roofing over the walls.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:37:45 -0600, Burki <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This has nothing to do with the Maya 3D program.
> I found a website where you can calculate a date into mayan glyph
> writing:
>  http://www.pauahtun.org/Calendar/tools.html     (click 'Stela', below)
>
> This lead me to the little exercise in carving this mayan stela.
> The screen copy of the website output was only blurred a bit an changed
> into
> greyscale.
> Then bump_map of course.
>
> Do you know, if anybody posted a kind of mayan temple here ?
>
> Yours,
> Bu.

Attachments:
Download 'caracol group a.jpg' (175 KB)