POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 1 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 2
From: Stephen
Date: 3 May 2007 10:03:50
Message: <onqj33d6nicjd72hpngnj2k701gdn4f44q@4ax.com>
On Thu, 3 May 2007 14:05:41 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Well, I thought that saving in Poser as a dynamic cloth, you could load it
>again another time with all its characteristics, but what really happens
>then is that a green cross appears, but no object, nor does the recalculate
>dynamics work then. Oh well, I think I have to read the manual more
>carefully...

Green Cross?
I tried it out and I can save my dress as a Prop. It is saved with an image but
in the "Zero" position. It does keep the clothing groups. I did it by selecting
the skirt opening the props menu and pressing the + sign. In the Set Name pop
up, change the text, press Select subset, then select the prop and OK. Click OK
and it was saved with the preview image.

>> I have been saving (exporting) the objects as OBJ's. Remember that you
>> have to
>> export as multi-frame with the range 30 to 30. Where 30 is the number of
>> frames
>> in the animation. You loose the dynamic groups but I generally used
>> materials
>> for grouping.
>Yes, usually I do that (although not multi-frame as yet). Still part of my
>future experimentations.

I've tried to cut out the start from zero pose.

>> When the cloth folds in on itself don't be afraid to use a high number of
>> steps
>> per frame. For some of the dresses I tried I went as high as 80 and often
>> used
>> 60 steps per frame with an offset of 0.1
>Yes, that is certainly true! I went as high as 10 till now, but just for
>experimental purposes. I also noticed that the number of draping frames is
>very important for the quality of the folding. I am going to increase that
>too.

Minimum draping frames 20, I've found. You have a super duper machine I'm sure
it's fast :-)

Regards
	Stephen