POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user survey - please answer : Re: user survey - please answer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user survey - please answer
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Jun 2000 16:32:25
Message: <og6als4sqp19sfjipbptj2l6ljtgp6k8hb@4ax.com>
On 24 Jun 2000 10:37:10 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>: especially if
>: keyboard shourcuts are made to match those in the POV-Ray for Windows
>: GUI.
>
>  No thanks!
>
>  There's nothing wrong with the winpov keyboard shortcuts. The only problem
>is that some of the shortcuts have already a 'standard' meaning in emacs
>and I would not like to have different shortcuts depending on the mode.

I only mean Alt-G and Alt-C, actually. I rarely use other shortcuts of
the wrapper.

>: Man is fine but maybe not for a project as large as POV-Ray.
>
>  Why not?
>  I think a C compiler is as large or even larger than povray and man pages
>exist for all its libraries. Not to talk about C++...

>  Personally I would find it easier to type 'man sphere' than searching in
>a pdf file.

Me too, but how should one overcome the problem with existing man
topics? There's probably no 'sphere' keyword in C++ but how about
#ifdef, for example. or array (in Pascal anyway) or #open?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet