POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Uninstall doesn't remove registry entries : Uninstall doesn't remove registry entries Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Uninstall doesn't remove registry entries
From: Glen Berry
Date: 23 Sep 2001 11:57:58
Message: <oASuO9QKv6pWfDB1UMiwZNRRnwts@4ax.com>
I just uninstalled POV-Win 3.5 beta 2, in order to get ready for
installing beta 3. Out of curiosity, I checked the registry with
regedit, and sure enough, the POV-Ray entries were still there.
Specifically, these registry folders were still there:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.5\POV-Edit\
HKEY_USERS\Software\POV-Ray\v3.5\POV-Edit\

These folders both contain several registry keys, left over from my
uninstalled copy POV 3.5. Shouldn't these have been erased by the
uninstall procedure?

Later,
Glen