POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A nut... : Re: A nut... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A nut...
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 30 Apr 2001 05:04:08
Message: <o2aqet4dfjjgb5ssbbdmm8v00ba8ujsj44@4ax.com>
On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:02:50 +0200, "Zeger Knaepen"
<zeg### [at] studentkuleuvenacbe>
wrote:

>...Or whatever this is called...

I like the finish, but it would be more realistic if the threads were shiny and not
eroded.
Thinking of all the nuts I have removed from my rusty motor cars :-)  even when the
outside of
the nut is nearly rusted away, the threads are usually intact, often with a black oily
finish.
Also IMHO the threads are too large in proportion to the size of the nut.
In spite of these criticisms, I like the image Zeger - how about doing a bolt to match
the
nut?
David
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom