POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : 2 Windows at Once? : Re: 2 Windows at Once? Server Time
16 Jun 2024 21:44:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 Windows at Once?
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 14 Feb 2004 22:36:36
Message: <o0qt20hagrn4tlu77hestf5bsm5rehq34f@4ax.com>
Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Thanks for the tip. I've never used that before. For my specific need at the
> moment, it's not quite suited.
Can you elaborate why?

If you can sacrifice a viewport, you can place it in there and select
the option to fill the viewport (i.e. not scale). Or if the aspect
ratio is important, deselect Fixed in View and select Keep Aspect.
Also, switching that window to Point rendering (press '6' with the
cursor over the view), higin the grid (Ctrl-G) you have a good
unobstructed, zoom- and pan-able view.....

If the aspect ratio is unusual (e.g. very tall) you can use the Window
Layout manager to select a better layout, too....

- Lutz
- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray