POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features : Re: Wishlist/features Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist/features
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 16 Aug 2006 02:52:22
Message: <nvf5e2t7fuvev04h1o1kot0b5fkfq5q5to@4ax.com>
Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> 1. More node points on the rotational sweep.
More than? There isn't currently a limit, is there?

> 2. The ability to quantify the movement (translate, scale, rotate) of points
> or faces in mesh editing.
Quantify, as in enter an exact number?

> 3. The ability to change the center of rotation on a mesh in the mesh
> editor.
You could select all points and move them so that it's correctly
centered :-)

> 4. A solution to this problem: when a large enough number of objects is put
> into a scene, Moray slows down to a crawl.
Do any of you have any scenes that are that large for me to
play/experiment with?

> 5. Resolve compatibility problems with certain video card drivers, for
> instance I cannot update my ATI drivers and still use Moray 3.5. Another
> thing I'm not sure is related, every once in a while, when I start Moray,
> just before it opens, I get the blue screen of death, and the machine
> reboots and goes into checkdisk.
Boy, that one's tough. I don't really do any advanced OpenGL stuff,
only very basic OpenGL, so I wonder why your system has this problem.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray