POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: IMBJR
Date: 31 Mar 2004 14:00:00
Message: <nf5m601qqerpn2dod9q5fhekcplk4i9vqo@4ax.com>
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:41:23 -0600, Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

>Jim Charter wrote:
>
>> IMBJR wrote:
>>
>>> Please understand that I do not care if my work is taken seriously or
>>> not. I am not here to earn trust. The work merely stands as it does -
>>> as an expression of my mind.
>>
>> Then why show it at all?
>>
>> I thought that Shay's point about establishing trust was quite far
>> reaching and filled in piece of the puzzle for me that I couldn't quite
>> get to in my own mind.  In short, it helped me further define what the
>> symbiosis is between an expressive act and the community which it must
>> take place within to have any meaning.  This given our mutual stance
>> that private assemblies must be free to establish their own standards
>> for individual freedom internally.
>>
>> No I don't think that a 'work' without an audience can stand on its own.
>>  And if you don't engage the community that forms your audience in a
>> genuine way, you don't really have an audience.
>
>I'm starting to think IMBJR's communication with the group is actually
>part of the artistic expression itself.

An interesting angle, but as I say, I'm not really here to create a
dialog, but merely express myself. Of course, all this replying I'm
doing seems to contradict that, but I feel that people's comments are
worth adressing in this instance - just so y'all know where I'm coming
from.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com