POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoPOV - second build : Re: PoPOV - second build Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoPOV - second build
From: ABX
Date: 22 Oct 2002 05:18:27
Message: <nd5arus9qf7aqrf73tjegh79sjbcqd2s3p@4ax.com>
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:33:22 +0200, "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
> > This release contains next set of patches I gathered
>
> Your initiative is very welcome. But I was hoping you would include
> Grimbert's tesselation patch (perhaps with a legal note) and the great
> glow{} from MegaPOV..

Nobody said 'no'. But I include 3.5 compatible patches first.

> And now a dump
> question: Since your version is not compiled with Intels compiler, I suppose
> it doesn't utilize the optimations made in the offical Pov3.5 for modern
> CPUs?

Doesn't. Borland compiler is supposed mostly as free compiler for testing
compilation of whole package. If you wish you are welcome to buy Intels
compiler and use (now released) sources to build your own version :-)
Unfortunatelly I have no free resources for such task :-(

ABX