POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: Mike Williams
Date: 15 Oct 2005 03:02:25
Message: <n9N6AaAbgKUDFwxj@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Anton Sherwood who wrote:
>> this is exactly the idea of the "ringworld". Larry Niven wrote
>> about twenty novells or so around a fictive world like this.
>
>I forget whether "twenty" in this case means three or four.

The four main ones are "Ringworld", "Ringworld Engineers", "The
Ringworld Throne" and "Ringworld's Children", but many other Niven
"known space" books portray a universe where the existence of the
Ringworld has some slight effect (even if only in hindsight). In
particular "Crashlander", "Protector" and several of the Man-Kzin wars
series.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure