POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling with BCC : Re: Compiling with BCC Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling with BCC
From: Peter Popov
Date: 3 Oct 2002 12:48:34
Message: <mvsopusokekoerlef92o5geonnohn5f5gu@4ax.com>
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:38:46 -0400, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg>
wrote:

>I was
>just wondering which file to download, and what the general procedure is for
>compiling POV 3.5 with the free Borland compiler.

From what I've seen, the component which is going to give you the most
headaches is Borland Make. it does not support implicit rules and you
would have to replace all implicit rules with explicit ones yourself.
Don't quote me on that, though, as I haven't gotten my hands dirty
myself - that's what I could figure out from my brother's cursing
while he was trying to port something to Borland's compiler.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg