POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : rotational sweep question (revised) : Re: rotational sweep question (revised) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:36:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rotational sweep question (revised)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 31 Oct 2003 03:40:37
Message: <mv74qv4in7lieb7kdjbc49t01d6sr5joed@4ax.com>
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:40:04 -0700, "Thomas Barnes"
<thomas_D0t-barnes-@t-barnestormer.com> wrote:

>I admit my inexperience with moray, I am just looking for a better approach
>to modeling with moray.

Two things
1. Looking at your graphic http://barnestormer.com/spline-quiestion.html
the two end points are not on the Z axis so there will be a gap through the
centre.
2. When you use a quadratic or cubic the end points do not lie on the curve so
you need extra points. Read section 3.4.1  Lathe Object in the PovRay manual.

Try the Glyph spline it is easy to work with. Another point is the control
points for the inside surface can be outside the external surface. I'll post an
image to moray.binaries

Regards
        Stephen