POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:56:37 EDT (-0400)
  Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11 (Message 32 to 41 of 41)
From: Droj
Subject: Re: Moray 3.5 and Pov-ray 3.5 both run on Windows 11
Date: 7 Jun 2023 15:15:00
Message: <web.6480d6eacfce8379f62c2adc3b2af915@news.povray.org>
> Op 07/06/2023 om 01:16 schreef Droj:
> > "eric" <evo### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> It's a pleasure to annonce that Moray 3.5 and Povray 3.5 run on Windows 11. I
> >> don't know why but it works with Windows 11 .
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > how did you do that? That's a miracle!
> >
> > I tried to install Povray 3.5 (32 Bit version - no choice there) on Windows 10
> > (64 Bit Version). It installs, but refuses to render. Tried to use compatible
> > mode (for Windows XP). No go.
> >
> > I did not try to install Moray 3.5 as I know if Povray doesn't work Moray will
> > neither.
> >
> > Please let us know how you made it work.
> >
> > Cheers, Droj
> >

> See the conversation between Kenneth and me in this same thread... :-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Sorry Thomas. I didn't want to get on your nerves.
I still have a Moray 3.5 and a Povray 3.5 running on Windows XP and an even
older version of both on Windows 2000.

So if you a request for a .mdl file or files I can easily send the Povray files.

Droj

Post a reply to this message

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> how did you do that? That's a miracle!
>>>
>>> I tried to install Povray 3.5 (32 Bit version - no choice there) on Windows 10
>>> (64 Bit Version). It installs, but refuses to render. Tried to use compatible
>>> mode (for Windows XP). No go.
>>>
>>> I did not try to install Moray 3.5 as I know if Povray doesn't work Moray will
>>> neither.
>>>
>>> Please let us know how you made it work.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Droj
>>>

>> See the conversation between Kenneth and me in this same thread... :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Sorry Thomas. I didn't want to get on your nerves.
> I still have a Moray 3.5 and a Povray 3.5 running on Windows XP and an even
> older version of both on Windows 2000.
>
> So if you a request for a .mdl file or files I can easily send the Povray files.
>
> Droj

Ha! thanks indeed, well appreciated! :-)

I have everything I need in my archives, all back to the nineties. I
have not been using Moray or Moray-derived scenes for many years and
switched gradually over to the combination Silo - Poseray - POV_Ray for
most things I do. At the moment, Moray is mostly a "Memory Lane" visit.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Droj
Date: 8 Jun 2023 16:40:00
Message: <web.64823c54cfce83799f5def123b2af915@news.povray.org>
> Op 7-6-2023 om 21:13 schreef Droj:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:

> >> See the conversation between Kenneth and me in this same thread... :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas
> >
> > Sorry Thomas. I didn't want to get on your nerves.
> > I still have a Moray 3.5 and a Povray 3.5 running on Windows XP and an even
> > older version of both on Windows 2000.
> >
> > So if you a request for a .mdl file or files I can easily send the Povray files.
> >
> > Droj
> >

> Ha! thanks indeed, well appreciated! :-)
>
> I have everything I need in my archives, all back to the nineties. I
> have not been using Moray or Moray-derived scenes for many years and
> switched gradually over to the combination Silo - Poseray - POV_Ray for
> most things I do. At the moment, Moray is mostly a "Memory Lane" visit.
>
> --
> Thomas

Good to hear that some people have a "Memory Lane"!
Thought I might be the only 'fossil' that visits that lane. (No offense meant)

Droj

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Jun 2023 18:50:00
Message: <web.64825b01cfce83791f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:

> Good to hear that some people have a "Memory Lane"!
> Thought I might be the only 'fossil' that visits that lane. (No offense meant)
>
> Droj

TdG is an old geologist - so I'm sure that "fossil" would be most apropos.  :D

- BE

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2023 02:30:45
Message: <6482c715@news.povray.org>
Op 09/06/2023 om 00:49 schreef Bald Eagle:
> "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
>
>> Good to hear that some people have a "Memory Lane"!
>> Thought I might be the only 'fossil' that visits that lane. (No offense meant)
>>
>> Droj
>
> TdG is an old geologist - so I'm sure that "fossil" would be most apropos.  :D
>
> - BE

LOL
I often feel like an Ediacaran survivor... (*)

(*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ediacaran_biota

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Jun 2023 06:20:00
Message: <web.6482fc93cfce83791f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> Op 09/06/2023 om 00:49 schreef Bald Eagle:
> > "Droj" <803### [at] drojde> wrote:
> >
> >> Good to hear that some people have a "Memory Lane"!
> >> Thought I might be the only 'fossil' that visits that lane. (No offense meant)
> >>
> >> Droj
> >
> > TdG is an old geologist - so I'm sure that "fossil" would be most apropos.  :D
> >
> > - BE
> >

> LOL
> I often feel like an Ediacaran survivor... (*)
>
> (*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ediacaran_biota
>
> --
> Thomas

Hmmmm, yes - - - you are enigmatic, "totally tubular", mostly sessile ....

I dunno about "frond-shaped", though.

;)

- BE

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2023 07:45:25
Message: <648310d5$1@news.povray.org>
Op 9-6-2023 om 12:18 schreef Bald Eagle:

>>> TdG is an old geologist - so I'm sure that "fossil" would be most apropos.  :D
>>>
>>> - BE
>>>

>> LOL
>> I often feel like an Ediacaran survivor... (*)
>>
>> (*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ediacaran_biota
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Hmmmm, yes - - - you are enigmatic, "totally tubular", mostly sessile ....

Indeed. A fairly accurate description. Following this I probably can
expect a visit by (the ghost of) Stephen Jay Gould in the coming months.
He wrote some interesting things about the Ediacara in (I think)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ever_Since_Darwin  or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flamingo%27s_Smile the two volumes I
have here...

> I dunno about "frond-shaped", though.

Simple: look at my beard.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jun 2023 08:29:47
Message: <64831b3b$1@news.povray.org>
Just to complete this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Z9Ssgb0Kg

/Hallucigenia/ from the Cambrian may inspire some of you for an
animation? :-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Droj
Date: 12 Jun 2023 16:05:00
Message: <web.648773e1cfce8379397fdce03b2af915@news.povray.org>
> Just to complete this:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Z9Ssgb0Kg
>
> /Hallucigenia/ from the Cambrian may inspire some of you for an
> animation? :-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

just a PS as fossil:

that thing Hallucigenia - BE and me understand 'Hallucinogenia' better ;-)) -
reminds me of something that came out of Laurens Lapres' 'Pandora's Box' called
Lparser.
If I remember correctly the file(s) by Martin Higgs produced something that
looked like lobsters or crayfish - but in an 'alien' way (a crustacean of the
subclass Copepoda - definition from Lparser).

I still have a Lparser version 4.0 (the last version ever) running under MSDOS
6.2  and I am still able to us it. The tough part is to convert it to something
Povray 3.? can use. It outputs Povray 2.0 or the like.

@BE
Good to know that execept chemists we have a geologist on board, too.

Cheers, Droj

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blb_spid.png' (542 KB)

Preview of image 'blb_spid.png'
blb_spid.png

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Jun 2023 02:48:51
Message: <648ea8d3$1@news.povray.org>
Op 12/06/2023 om 22:00 schreef Droj:
>> Just to complete this:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Z9Ssgb0Kg
>>
>> /Hallucigenia/ from the Cambrian may inspire some of you for an
>> animation? :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> just a PS as fossil:
>
> that thing Hallucigenia - BE and me understand 'Hallucinogenia' better ;-)) -
> reminds me of something that came out of Laurens Lapres' 'Pandora's Box' called
> Lparser.
> If I remember correctly the file(s) by Martin Higgs produced something that
> looked like lobsters or crayfish - but in an 'alien' way (a crustacean of the
> subclass Copepoda - definition from Lparser).

It looks convincing(ingly alien). With some work, the texture could be
turned into a weird one indeed, for instance using the altitude/slope
possibilities.

> I still have a Lparser version 4.0 (the last version ever) running under MSDOS
> 6.2  and I am still able to us it. The tough part is to convert it to something
> Povray 3.? can use. It outputs Povray 2.0 or the like.
>
> @BE
> Good to know that execept chemists we have a geologist on board, too.

<grin>

--
Thomas