POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5 Server Time
1 Dec 2022 01:46:06 EST (-0500)
  I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5 (Message 11 to 20 of 28)  
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 30 Jun 2022 06:18:10
Message: <62bd7862@news.povray.org>
On 30/06/2022 18:57, jr wrote:
> (only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))

I have the latest source with updates from Lutz. I'm not yet ready to 
drop it as-is, so maybe you win that bet.

However I would like to invite anyone who wants to assist in testing the 
code to email me. You will need a github account, as the repo will 
initially be private; once I know the account details I can grant 
access. I will be working on setting the repo up today or tomorrow.

-- Chris


Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 30 Jun 2022 07:15:00
Message: <web.62bd85722ef22a6b16086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> On 30/06/2022 18:57, jr wrote:
> > (only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))
>
> I have the latest source with updates from Lutz. I'm not yet ready to
> drop it as-is, so maybe you win that bet.
>
> However I would like to invite anyone who wants to assist in testing the
> code to email me. You will need a github account, as the repo will
> initially be private; once I know the account details I can grant
> access. I will be working on setting the repo up today or tomorrow.
>
> -- Chris

Great! That's the most pragmatical solution. As a pov user, I prefer that people
who keep asking for Moray revival can start relieving you of that burden
themselves, so you can keep doing stuff more central to pov. such as your
current funding, backing up, restoring, empowering new devs as you did with
Clipka, etc. Thanks for caring!


Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 4 Jul 2022 02:14:55
Message: <62c2855f$1@news.povray.org>
Update: still working on the code, primary remaining task is to change 
all the copyright headers prior to pushing it to github.

-- Chris


Post a reply to this message

From: Convinced
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 7 Nov 2022 08:25:00
Message: <web.6369065c2ef22a6b183179f086ea30fe@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > ...
> > I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
>
> (only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))
>
>
> regards, jr.

Have several hundred of us missed something here?
Moray code being released!
Uhhh! First I.ve heard of it.
Where what when,

Certainly hope so or there will be a torchlight procession by the villagers,
TONIGHT!


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 8 Nov 2022 04:35:00
Message: <web.636a22282ef22a6bc0ce110b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Convinced" <der### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > > ...
> > > I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
> >
> > (only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))
> >
> Have several hundred of us missed something here?
> Moray code being released!
> Uhhh! First I.ve heard of it.
> Where what when,
>
> Certainly hope so or there will be a torchlight procession by the villagers,
> TONIGHT!

</sigh>  yes, it looks like .. a long night.  all the "several hundred of us"
(incl self) can hope for is an update by "the man".


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Convinced
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 15 Nov 2022 08:40:00
Message: <web.637396332ef22a6b183179f086ea30fe@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Convinced" <der### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > > > ...
> > > > I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
> > >
> > > (only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))
> > >
> > Have several hundred of us missed something here?
> > Moray code being released!
> > Uhhh! First I.ve heard of it.
> > Where what when,
> >
> > Certainly hope so or there will be a torchlight procession by the villagers,
> > TONIGHT!
>
> </sigh>  yes, it looks like .. a long night.  all the "several hundred of us"
> (incl self) can hope for is an update by "the man".
>
>
> regards, jr.

Oh well the torches have burned out and the villagers have gone home, it seems.
Silence, golden silence.


Post a reply to this message

From: Convinced
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 16 Nov 2022 09:10:00
Message: <web.6374ee902ef22a6b183179f086ea30fe@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Convinced" <der### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > > > ...
> > > > I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
> > >
> > > (only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))
> > >
> > Have several hundred of us missed something here?
> > Moray code being released!
> > Uhhh! First I.ve heard of it.
> > Where what when,
> >
> > Certainly hope so or there will be a torchlight procession by the villagers,
> > TONIGHT!
>
> </sigh>  yes, it looks like .. a long night.  all the "several hundred of us"
> (incl self) can hope for is an update by "the man".
>
>
> regards, jr.

AS my last message has disappeared I will repeat it.
The torches have obviously burned out and the villagers have returned to their
homes.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been exinquished.
Looks like we are requesting a rewrite of 3DStudioMax.
Never mind. Miracles do happen.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 16 Nov 2022 09:40:00
Message: <web.6374f5b32ef22a6bc0ce110b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Convinced" <der### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> ...
> AS my last message has disappeared I will repeat it.

nope.  still shows in the web ui, see attached.


> The torches have obviously burned out and the villagers have returned to their
> homes.
> The light at the end of the tunnel has been exinquished.
> Looks like we are requesting a rewrite of 3DStudioMax.
> Never mind. Miracles do happen.

re the last, fingers crossed ;-).


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'screenshot 2022-11-16 14.35.21.png' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'screenshot 2022-11-16 14.35.21.png'
screenshot 2022-11-16 14.35.21.png


 

From: jr
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 16 Nov 2022 10:30:00
Message: <web.637500f42ef22a6bc0ce110b6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Convinced" <der### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > ...
> > AS my last message has disappeared I will repeat it.
>
> nope.  still shows in the web ui, see attached.

fwiw, when I use 'tin' to read the NG, I get a "unexpected end of
multipart/mixed article" message for both your posts.


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Convinced
Subject: Re: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 20 Nov 2022 09:55:00
Message: <web.637a3f152ef22a6b183179f086ea30fe@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "Convinced" <der### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > ...
> > > AS my last message has disappeared I will repeat it.
> >
> > nope.  still shows in the web ui, see attached.
>
> fwiw, when I use 'tin' to read the NG, I get a "unexpected end of
> multipart/mixed article" message for both your posts.
>
>
> regards, jr.

Looks like we might as well discuss something else as the subject of this thread
has died, as usual, what about your favourite colour or music, the weather is
usually a good thing.
If the code is out there, then where is it. If not, why not.
Fingers crossed.


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.