POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.3 Public Beta 1 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.3 Public Beta 1 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Moray V3.3 Public Beta 1
Date: 16 Oct 2000 13:06:37
Message: <06dmus4vgrhs7gmrlopc437gc9v8atk57a@4ax.com>
Dear Moray Users,

if you are a registered user and haven't received the following
announcement then we do not have your current email in our database
(we got numerous bounces) and would appreciate an update.

Please discuss the beta version in moray.beta!

Moray Usage
-----------
We are interested in finding out how you are using Moray. Please
tell us your story and show us any work you have done or are doing
with Moray. Naturally any feature requests can accompany those
stories<g>.

Moray Gallery
-------------
Is there interest in a gallery of images created in Moray?
If you have images that you would like to showcase on our site,
please upload them to our FTP server (ftp.stmuc.com) in the
directory /pub/moray/incoming and we will create a gallery
once a sufficient number of images have been submitted.

Moray V3.3 Public Beta 1 (Build 6795)
-------------------------------------
The first public beta version of Moray V3.3 has just been uploaded to
our FTP server. It is time-limited until the middle of November, is
2.4MB large and can be downloaded here:

  ftp://ftp.stmuc.com/pub/private/special/moray33pb1.exe

The installation is password-protected and will expire on the 13th of
November 2000. Please request a password from lut### [at] stmuccom.

Note that the new version will NOT be a free upgrade, unless you
registered on or after 1st July 2000. Be aware that since any
scenes you create or work on with this Beta version will not be
readable by the previous version you have. Therefore you will
need to upgrade to continue work on those. Upgrade pricing will
be DM59, but you can upgrade before the 1st of November for DM49.

You can install the new version parallel to the old version in
a different directory. If you do this the beta will use its own
settings. If you want to share settings, you can edit
MORAY.INI and remove the "Beta" from the RegistryBase variable.
Or you can install it over the previous version.

The changes from the previous version are detailed in the
accompanying HTML file in the Docs folder.

Here's a short summary of the major changes (details available at
http://www.stmuc.com/moray/mefeat.html):

 - OpenGL support. All 4 views can take advantage of OpenGL hardware
   acceleration you may have and can show shaded views of the scene.
 - Layer support. Objects can be assigned to layers.
 - Color support. Objects wireframe can be colored.
 - Much improved CSG evaluation.
 - Many minor enhancements and bug fixes....

Have fun testing!

- Lutz Kretzschmar
  lut### [at] stmuccom

Post a reply to this message