POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : An idea that I would find very useful Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:51:02 EDT (-0400)
  An idea that I would find very useful (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Oldstench
Subject: An idea that I would find very useful
Date: 17 Jun 2001 02:26:06
Message: <aotoits558nidjbh85pga94egm1n1uef78@4ax.com>
I mostly model in Rhino and import to Moray for texturing and scene
composition. As such, most of the objects that I use are UDO's with many
different objects CSG'd together. Sometimes (most times?) as I am texturing
I forget which parts I have already textured. I think it would be a swell
idea to to have the icon for each object that has a texture to be slightly
different than an object that has no texture in the select tab menu. Just
my 2 cents.

Thanks
Oldstench................

Post a reply to this message

Hi Oldstench, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I think it would be a swell  idea to to have the icon
> for each object that has a texture to be slightly
> different than an object that has no texture ...
This can be seen in the browser view. Press 'B' with your cursor over
a view and it will become the Browser view. The object then shows
whether it is textured or not....

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 17 Jun 2001 19:32:01
Message: <3b2d3df1@news.povray.org>
> > I think it would be a swell  idea to to have the icon
> > for each object that has a texture to be slightly
> > different than an object that has no texture ...
> This can be seen in the browser view. Press 'B' with your cursor over
> a view and it will become the Browser view. The object then shows
> whether it is textured or not....

how about if an objects wire frame could be displayed in a different colour
of it is not textured - eg hit 'CTRL+B' and all the wireframes for objects
with no texture are shown in red

--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
Hi-Impact database driven web site design & e-commerce
TEL : +44 (01625) 266358 - FAX : +44 (01625) 611913 - ICQ : 15776037
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk

PGP Public Key

From: Björn Magnusson
Date: 18 Jul 2001 10:49:26
Message: <3B55A1B7.569B71B2@home.se>
I think the "Browser view" works perfectly, no need for different
colours in the 3D-view, you just select the objects that isn't textured