POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New anim question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  New anim question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dean MacIsaac
Subject: New anim question
Date: 1 May 2000 15:45:14
Message: <390ddeca@news.povray.org>
I've modeled objects for a while now, and I'd like to get into set design,
so I'm building a small simple room.  I put a door on this room.  And I'm
using the anim plugin to animate the door.  Is there any way to tell the
door to rotate on the hinge point, instead of from the middle of the door?
In my model I see 2 sets of XYZ axes one for the scene, and one for the
door.  I will post the model in the binaries group for Moray.  I appreciate
any and all help.

Dean

Post a reply to this message

> I've modeled objects for a while now, and I'd like to get into set design,
> so I'm building a small simple room.  I put a door on this room.  And I'm
> using the anim plugin to animate the door.  Is there any way to tell the
> door to rotate on the hinge point, instead of from the middle of the door?
> In my model I see 2 sets of XYZ axes one for the scene, and one for the
> door.  I will post the model in the binaries group for Moray.  I appreciate
> any and all help.

It's pretty easy.  You need to set the local coordinates on the door to
an appropriate point.

Check the help files for Local coordinates, although I found it pretty
easy to do once I'd played around with it for a bit.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

> I've modeled objects for a while now, and I'd like to get into set design,
> so I'm building a small simple room.  I put a door on this room.  And I'm
> using the anim plugin to animate the door.  Is there any way to tell the
> door to rotate on the hinge point, instead of from the middle of the door?
> In my model I see 2 sets of XYZ axes one for the scene, and one for the
> door.  I will post the model in the binaries group for Moray.  I appreciate
> any and all help.

OK, I've had a look at the .mdl, and I think I've done what you wanted.

It should be being posted at the same time as this reply.

If you look in the Scene Settings -> Includes tab, you can find more
information about what I did to the scene.

Have fun :)

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message