POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Good Object modeller Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Good Object modeller (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: OfficerMayhem
Subject: Good Object modeller
Date: 23 Jan 2000 19:41:41
Message: <MPG.12f56a6f56cb8b48989680@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a good object modeller that is similar to sPatch that
is suitable for use in Moray. I use sPatch with the .mdl exporter and it
works well but it doesnt meet all of my demands. I need it to model
individual elements of a scene such as a lamp, chair, desk, etc.

I would really apreciate it if someone pointed me in the right diection.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know of a good object modeller that is similar to sPatch that
> is suitable for use in Moray. I use sPatch with the .mdl exporter and it
> works well but it doesnt meet all of my demands. I need it to model
> individual elements of a scene such as a lamp, chair, desk, etc.
>
> I would really apreciate it if someone pointed me in the right diection.

I was under the impression that Moray *IS* a good object modelling program
and could easily be used to model the kind of object you described above.

Are you sure that you have fully explored it's possibilities ?

> Does anyone know of a good object modeller that is similar to sPatch that
> is suitable for use in Moray. I use sPatch with the .mdl exporter and it
> works well but it doesnt meet all of my demands. I need it to model
> individual elements of a scene such as a lamp, chair, desk, etc.
>
> I would really apreciate it if someone pointed me in the right diection.

What I meant was a good spline and vertex modeller like sPatch. It is
very hard to make a chandelier in moray and even harder to make it look
like a single fluid piece of metal. I want a modeller to make an
individual object then import it into a scene.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 23 Jan 2000 21:28:14
Message: <388BB8A9.3AB0186A@ida.utb.hb.se>
OfficerMayhem wrote:

> What I meant was a good spline and vertex modeller like sPatch. It is
> very hard to make a chandelier in moray and even harder to make it look
> like a single fluid piece of metal. I want a modeller to make an
> individual object then import it into a scene.

Where sPatch is not enough, I use Rhino. If you haven't tried it yet, it's
about time!

http://www.rhino3d.com

Regards,

- Mikael.

Mikael Carneholm
Dep. of Computer Science and Business Administration

Personal home page:
http://www.studenter.hb.se/~arch
E-mail:
sa9### [at] idautbhbse

Post a reply to this message

From: Karl Pelzer
Date: 24 Jan 2000 01:25:12
Message: <388BF17B.F316FBE9@t-online.de>
You can also take a look at DMesh which you will find at

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/4500/

It supports UDO output for Moray.

Karl

Post a reply to this message

From: Alex Magidow
Date: 24 Jan 2000 08:08:55
Message: <388C4F6A.DFC7B4D5@mninter.net>
Or, if you have the time to search around teh POV-Ray links site, look for the
Mops, which is a lovely NURBS modeler that only exports to RIB. Then, look
around on pov-ray links for something I think is called lily8- its a very nice
converter that'll convert RIB files to a more easily convertable format.(I've
found converting the RIBs to DXF works the best). This solution is entirely
free, so its a bit cheaper than a license for Rhino.

--
You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
 You see the movie credits going by instead of seeing Lenses by Panaflex