POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray crash on startup (gpf) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Moray crash on startup (gpf) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Hans Petter Birkeland
Subject: Moray crash on startup (gpf)
Date: 26 May 2000 16:16:16
Message: <01bfc74f$d3526740$LocalHost@iytwylqv>
I normally use Moray (3.2) in 1024x768 screen resolution and 16 bit color.
Today I had to switch to 800x600x24 bit to view a rendering in truecolor.
When I then started Moray in this resolution it got as far as "Starting
Moray" and then I got an "illegal operation" error message and Moray was
terminated. This happened several times, also directly after reboot of the
PC. Everything works fine in 1024x768x16. Anybody know what is happening?

--
Hans Petter Birkeland

han### [at] c2inet
http://home.c2i.net/hanspb/

Post a reply to this message

On 26 May 2000 16:16:16 -0400 "Hans Petter Birkeland" <han### [at] c2inet>
wrote:

>I normally use Moray (3.2) in 1024x768 screen resolution and 16 bit color.
>Today I had to switch to 800x600x24 bit to view a rendering in truecolor.
>When I then started Moray in this resolution it got as far as "Starting
>Moray" and then I got an "illegal operation" error message and Moray was
>terminated. This happened several times, also directly after reboot of the
>PC.

  Hans, you might post some of your system specs such as processor, RAM,
and especially video card brand and video RAM. Someone else might have
encountered a similar problem.