POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : #&$&%@! Render windows all over!!! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  #&$&%@! Render windows all over!!! (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Razzbar
Subject: #&$&%@! Render windows all over!!!
Date: 27 Mar 1998 20:39:29
Message: <01bd5ab3$a02ea820$4fe982d0@razzbar>
Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.

Sometimes I have to close ... a lot ... of windows.

Is there some setting I can do in either program?

Post a reply to this message

> Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
> windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
> go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
> the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.
>
> Sometimes I have to close ... a lot ... of windows.
>
> Is there some setting I can do in either program?

As far as I know (and I remember that discussion from the Moray
beta-test): No - sorry!It seems that it is a "mild bug" in POV-Ray.
POV-Ray doesn't really handle older render windows very well when
rendering happens through a GUI. A shame, but that's how it is. Maybe
POV-Ray 3.1 will behave better...

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

>Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
>windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
>go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
>the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.
>
>Sometimes I have to close ... a lot ... of windows.
>
>Is there some setting I can do in either program?

Radio Erivan says, you can do a lot of settings in these programs,
but none regarding this feature, which was specially designed for
a near relate of Kruschtschov. No. It's a bug in POVray.

steff

Post a reply to this message

I found that if you close the render window in POV after it is finished
rendering & you are done viewing the image,  POV will spit you right
back into Moray.  If you return to Moray through other means, the render
window does remain until you manually close it.

Razzbar wrote:

> Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
> windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
> go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
> the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.
>
> Sometimes I have to close ... a lot ... of windows.
>
> Is there some setting I can do in either program?

Post a reply to this message

>Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
>windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
>go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
>the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.
>
>Sometimes I have to close ... a lot ... of windows.
>
>Is there some setting I can do in either program?

In POV-Ray for Windows, select Appearance|Render Window|Auto Close.

The problem with the render windows not closing has been tracked down and
is not a bug in either program, but a 'feature' of Microsoft Windows related
to the use of threads.

Post a reply to this message

try posting that as a request to povray.programming

Hi Trystin, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> >>Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
> >>windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
> >>go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
> >>the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.
This is a problem between Windows, POV-Ray and Moray<g>. The
Workaround is to set the Auto Close property of the Render Window
(somewhere in the menus, not quite sure where).

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray