POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : #&$&%@! Render windows all over!!! : Re: #&$&%@! Render windows all over!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #&$&%@! Render windows all over!!!
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 28 Mar 1998 04:28:08
Message: <351CC2A8.C85ADD93@penttech.com>
Hi!

Razzbar wrote:

> Anybody know how to get Moray/Povray to 'clean up' those render
> windows? It would be best if the previous render window would just
> go away when a new render begins. The image in each one is always
> the most recent render, so they're just redundant windows to close.
>
> Sometimes I have to close ... a lot ... of windows.
>
> Is there some setting I can do in either program?

As far as I know (and I remember that discussion from the Moray
beta-test): No - sorry!It seems that it is a "mild bug" in POV-Ray.
POV-Ray doesn't really handle older render windows very well when
rendering happens through a GUI. A shame, but that's how it is. Maybe
POV-Ray 3.1 will behave better...

Johannes.