POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Mesh coordinates and animation Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:46:21 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh coordinates and animation (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Kzerphii Toomk
Subject: Re: Mesh coordinates and animation
Date: 12 May 2009 17:24:37
Message: <4a09e915@news.povray.org>
Wow, thanks for this answer. I will try to do it.

ja5c059vn7i8pt41nvph685oao4870p97d@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 5 May 2009 12:54:16 +0200, "Kzerphii Toomk" <kze### [at] orangefr>
> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to change coordinates of a mesh (or mesh 2) during an
>>animation...?
>>
>>I'd like give life to meshes but XYZ resize is not enough... :))
>>
>>Thanks for answers.
>

> Hi Kzerphii,
> I don't think that there is. You can animate the mesh in an animation if
> you pre-animate a series of meshes and then include them one at a time
> during
> the rendering. IIRC as I did not use the animation feature of Moray very
> much,
> try using the include plugin and call the meshes with something like;
>
> #include concat("E:\\Graphics\\Scenes
> \\My_mesh_",str(mod(frame_number,89),-4,0),".inc")
>
> PS the "My_mesh_",str(mod(frame_number,89),-4,0),".inc")" includes a mesh
> numbered 0 to 89.inc in a cyclic fashion. Like My_mesh_0.inc
>
> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 May 2009 07:15:01
Message: <web.4a0aaadac4c8e8b85fd99d9e0@news.povray.org>
"Kzerphii Toomk" <kze### [at] orangefr> wrote:
> Wow, thanks for this answer. I will try to do it.

The Wow makes me think (forgive me :-)

If you are going to use PovRay SDL it might be a good idea to familiarise
yourself with it, a bit. When I created animations in Moray I did not use the
animation system so I created a static scene, exported the PovRay script, by
rendering it, then edited it. (Remember that Moray uses a Z-axis is up as

Maybe you could try transforming (translate, rotate or scale) objects then try
to animate something like a bicubic_patch object by varying the control points
using the clock or frame variables. I would suggest using the frame_number

does. (Bishop3D is in Beta testing but nearing release. It is not as mature as
Moray but does work with PovRay 3.6 and 3.7 (dual cores :-} )
http://www.bishop3d.com/ )

 Regards
     Stephen