POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Actual locations of Moray plugins Server Time
3 Dec 2021 17:39:07 EST (-0500)
  Actual locations of Moray plugins (Message 6 to 15 of 15)  
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: Luis
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 18 Oct 2009 17:28:55
Message: <4adb8897$1@news.povray.org>
Luis wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> I have an overview of different (working) sites which provide plugins 
>> for Moray. Not exhaustive probably.
>>
>> The Moray site: http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meplugin.html
>> For animation: http://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginContents.html
>> The Domer plugin: http://www.thenerdshow.com/
>> Keith Hull: 
>> http://www.net4free.org/Computers/KeithsPovrayPage/plugins.htm
>> MikesBSpline: http://members.cox.net/weber.mike/BSplineDLL/ excellent 
>> plugin
>> PovInclude: http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm very useful
>> Lightbeam: 
>> http://www.lightning-generator.org/download.php?op=viewsdownload&sid=2 
>> in particular the InsertCodeMFC.dll is recommended
>>
>> The many Full Moon plugins at: 
>> http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/ & http://www.lua.org/
>> Stephen Shonfield: http://ca.geocities.com/morayplugin/
>>
>> Steffen Hartleib's site (dublicate2.dll) has disappeared. I have a 
>> copy available however.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
> 
> Hello,
> 
> He's not LightBeam' plugins but mine :(
> 
> Here is all my plugins :
>
http://www.lightning-generator.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Moray_plugins&file=index

> 
> 
> 
> Luis

More simple url :

http://www.lightning-generator.org/Moray-plugins-Module.html

Luis

PS : When Moray's source will be available, or new release of Moray is 
planned ?


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 22 Oct 2009 03:52:19
Message: <4ae00f33@news.povray.org>
"Luis" <l.g### [at] freefr> schreef in bericht 
news:4adb8897$1@news.povray.org...
>
> PS : When Moray's source will be available, or new release of Moray is 
> planned ?

I suppose Moray is on the backburners at least until version 3.7 of POV-Ray 
is out.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 22 Oct 2009 07:40:39
Message: <4ae044b7$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I suppose Moray is on the backburners at least until version 3.7 of POV-Ray 
> is out.

...but hopefully before 4.0

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 24 Oct 2009 08:03:09
Message: <4ae2ecfd@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht 
news:4ae044b7$1@news.povray.org...
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> I suppose Moray is on the backburners at least until version 3.7 of 
>> POV-Ray is out.
>
> ...but hopefully before 4.0
>

Indeed. Depending however, upon whether Moray should be ready too for 4.0? 
My guess would be that it should work and be expanded thoroughly for 
combination with 3.7, with provision for upgrading into 4.0 eventually, if 
such is possible.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Robert Baer
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 17 Feb 2010 12:05:00
Message: <web.4b7c210772a97f3bbcd068b00@news.povray.org>
Please forgive my ignorance, but what does each one of those do?
  What i would like to do is start with a POV program (needs .INI, .INC and .POV
to work) and "run" it in Moray.
  Fiddle with it there and at minimum learn what i need to do in POV for better
lighting or camera; ideally "export" modified back to POV.
  Is there any hope of doing something like that?


"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> I have an overview of different (working) sites which provide plugins for
> Moray. Not exhaustive probably.
>
> The Moray site: http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meplugin.html
> For animation: http://xan-der.tripod.com/AnimPluginContents.html
> The Domer plugin: http://www.thenerdshow.com/
> Keith Hull: http://www.net4free.org/Computers/KeithsPovrayPage/plugins.htm
> MikesBSpline: http://members.cox.net/weber.mike/BSplineDLL/ excellent plugin
> PovInclude: http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm very useful
> Lightbeam:
> http://www.lightning-generator.org/download.php?op=viewsdownload&sid=2 in
> particular the InsertCodeMFC.dll is recommended
>
> The many Full Moon plugins at: http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/ &
> http://www.lua.org/
> Stephen Shonfield: http://ca.geocities.com/morayplugin/
>
> Steffen Hartleib's site (dublicate2.dll) has disappeared. I have a copy
> available however.
>
> Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 17 Feb 2010 17:25:00
Message: <web.4b7c6bb772a97f3bc85a89390@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> wrote:
....
>   What i would like to do is start with a POV program
....
Have you looked at the Bishop3d modeling program?

Note: I have been an active user and poster on it's forums lately, so i'm
somewhat biased.

Stephen S


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 19 Feb 2010 02:53:39
Message: <4b7e4383$1@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> schreef in bericht 
news:web.4b7c210772a97f3bbcd068b00@news.povray.org...
>  Please forgive my ignorance, but what does each one of those do?
>  What i would like to do is start with a POV program (needs .INI, .INC and 
> .POV
> to work) and "run" it in Moray.
>  Fiddle with it there and at minimum learn what i need to do in POV for 
> better
> lighting or camera; ideally "export" modified back to POV.
>  Is there any hope of doing something like that?
>

You *cannot* do that in Moray. You *have* to start with a scene built in 
Moray, which you export/run in POV-Ray version 3.5. You can never load a 
POV-Ray scene into Moray.

The sites mentioned in my mail contain plugins which can help with the Morau 
scenes in different ways. They are mostly self-explanatory.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 19 Feb 2010 03:00:10
Message: <4b7e450a$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> schreef in bericht 
> news:web.4b7c210772a97f3bbcd068b00@news.povray.org...
>>  Please forgive my ignorance, but what does each one of those do?
>>  What i would like to do is start with a POV program (needs .INI, .INC and 
>> .POV
>> to work) and "run" it in Moray.
>>  Fiddle with it there and at minimum learn what i need to do in POV for 
>> better
>> lighting or camera; ideally "export" modified back to POV.
>>  Is there any hope of doing something like that?
>>
> 
> You *cannot* do that in Moray. You *have* to start with a scene built in 
> Moray, which you export/run in POV-Ray version 3.5. You can never load a 
> POV-Ray scene into Moray.
> 
>

But you can do it in Bishop3D (for a subset of PovRay files)


-- 

Best Regards,
	Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 19 Feb 2010 03:09:38
Message: <4b7e4742$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht 
news:4b7e450a$1@news.povray.org...
>
> But you can do it in Bishop3D (for a subset of PovRay files)
>

Moray is really in need of an upgrade in many respects. Still, I love that 
critter for sentimental reasons... :)
Because I much more use mesh modellers nowadays, I have not had a serious 
look at Bishop3D (shame on me)

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 19 Feb 2010 07:14:58
Message: <4b7e80c2$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht 
> news:4b7e450a$1@news.povray.org...
>> But you can do it in Bishop3D (for a subset of PovRay files)
>>
> 
> Moray is really in need of an upgrade in many respects. Still, I love that 
> critter for sentimental reasons... :)
> Because I much more use mesh modellers nowadays, I have not had a serious 
> look at Bishop3D (shame on me)
> 

I know what you mean although I have invested a lot of time and effort 
on Bishop3D and I feel the same about it now.
The lack of development with Moray and not being able to render to 3.7 
is a big turn off. But I miss being able to create meshes from CSG models.


-- 

Best Regards,
	Stephen


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.