POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problems with FullMoon plugin Server Time
30 Apr 2024 04:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with FullMoon plugin (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Problems with FullMoon plugin
Date: 4 Mar 2005 06:45:33
Message: <42284a5d$1@news.povray.org>
> Here are the .lua files which causes Moray to crash.
> Thank you for your interest.
> Have a good day,
> ;-)
> Paolo
A quick look shows that the your copy of Parkett.lua has an incomplete
"function Parkett:getProperties()", it's missing the UID number. I haven't
had time to look further.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 4 Mar 2005 07:00:00
Message: <web.42284d0d6ca2af4657904ff10@news.povray.org>
"Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> wrote:
> Here are the .lua files which causes Moray to crash.
> Thank you for your interest.
> Have a good day,
> ;-)
> Paolo

The plugin parkett.lua is missing the UID in function
Parkett:getProperties(), this can cause Moray to crash. Did you try the
files one at a time or the files already tested were being left in the
plugins directory?

Andre de Leiradella

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Mar 2005 03:21:38
Message: <422abd92@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> schreef in bericht
> A quick look shows that the your copy of Parkett.lua has an incomplete
> "function Parkett:getProperties()", it's missing the UID number. I haven't
> had time to look further.

This plugin (AFAIK) has never worked and it crashes Moray indeed. Years ago
I mentioned this somewhere but no action was taken (?)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 6 Mar 2005 18:27:06
Message: <422b91ca$1@news.povray.org>
It worked fine for me.

Arne

Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> schreef in bericht
>
>>A quick look shows that the your copy of Parkett.lua has an incomplete
>>"function Parkett:getProperties()", it's missing the UID number. I haven't
>>had time to look further.
>>

> This plugin (AFAIK) has never worked and it crashes Moray indeed. Years ago
> I mentioned this somewhere but no action was taken (?)
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Mar 2005 03:11:58
Message: <422c0cce$1@news.povray.org>
"Arne Kleinophorst" <Sir### [at] spamdebitelnet> schreef in bericht
> It worked fine for me.
>
> Arne

Perhaps you have a more recent version? My original message dates from
January 11, 2003 and was answered by Stephen. here it is:

My message:
- the karpett.lua plugin does not work (neither in version 3.3). There is an
error message at startup (hidden behind the Moray start screen, and thus not
readable)

Stephen's answer:

After looking at the plugins listed with the Winpov editor:
parkett.lua Suffers from what looks like a word warp problem. Line 186 needs
to be
restored to its original length.
For this plugin I think the next line (187) should be the
   pov:write(" translate <-.5,-.5,0> ")
I will send the author an email.

So there it is, as far as my information goes. Unfortunately, I do not
remember where I downloaded the plugin. If it has been corrected, I would
like to download it again...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Mar 2005 03:38:39
Message: <422c130f@news.povray.org>
I thought I had dumped the parkett.lua plugin, but I found a copy at last. I
had forgotten the message of StephenS, so now I corrected the line wrap,
and..... the plugin works!

Thanks, Arne, for reminding me that the world is (sometimes) less complex
than it looks like  ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 7 Mar 2005 11:20:50
Message: <422c7f62$1@news.povray.org>
The files already tested were being left in plugin directory.
It could be a UID problem
Thank you,
;-)
Paolo

> The plugin parkett.lua is missing the UID in function
> Parkett:getProperties(), this can cause Moray to crash. Did you try the
> files one at a time or the files already tested were being left in the
> plugins directory?
>
> Andre de Leiradella

Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 7 Mar 2005 18:48:29
Message: <422ce84d$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I thought I had dumped the parkett.lua plugin, but I found a copy at last. I
> had forgotten the message of StephenS, so now I corrected the line wrap,
> and..... the plugin works!
>
> Thanks, Arne, for reminding me that the world is (sometimes) less complex
> than it looks like  ;-)
>
> Thomas

You're welcome,
But i don't remember changing anything, maybe i downloaded a fixed
version already.

Greets
Arne