POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : texture won't move with ref. object Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:45:22 EDT (-0400)
  texture won't move with ref. object (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: texture won't move with ref. object
Date: 28 Aug 2002 09:51:32
Message: <3d6cd564$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I made a collection of image maps which when applied to a row of spheres
will spell out certain words at zero rotation and another set of words at
180 rotation. I thought the rotation part would be easy, since I could make
all but the first sphere be reference objects, so they would all turn in
sinc with the first one. To my suprise, they all turn, but the image maps do
not! Only the first one turns. If  I turn a reference object individually,
the image map will turn with it. What am I doing wrong here?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Hi,
> If  I turn a reference object individually, the image map
> will turn with it. What am I doing wrong here?
Did you leave the Inherit Transforms checkbox on for the copied
spheres?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 28 Aug 2002 22:59:11
Message: <3d6d8dff@news.povray.org>
Yes.

Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Hi,
> > If  I turn a reference object individually, the image map
> > will turn with it. What am I doing wrong here?
> Did you leave the Inherit Transforms checkbox on for the copied
> spheres?
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 30 Aug 2002 01:35:34
Message: <frvtmuolfqc0asq59eo6frt979fbm64d8g@4ax.com>
Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Only the first one turns. If  I turn a reference object individually,
> the image map will turn with it. What am I doing wrong here?
Well, I'm not sure that this is a bug. Either way, the current
development version of Moray behaves correctly with respect to the
texture being transformed fine on the screen, but the POV-Ray output
is still wrong. I'm not sure whether you would want your described
behaviour, so I've put in a flag to select that behaviour. In yor
case, the materials of the reference objects need to inherit the
transformations of the material and object of the referenced
objects.... I have added this to the development version, which now
behaves as you would expect.

Make sure you join the beta test (which will start RSN) at
http://www.stmuc.com/moray/menews.html

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 30 Aug 2002 12:59:43
Message: <3d6fa47f$1@news.povray.org>
Lutz,
Thank you for looking into this.
I already signed up a while back for beta testing.  Do I need to do more?
Steve Shelby