POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Rendering limitations? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:49:50 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering limitations? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Rendering limitations?
Date: 4 Feb 2002 13:38:26
Message: <3c5ed522@news.povray.org>
Hello,
Many thanks to Lutz for all the help with my IK questions.
Now for a new question. Are there limitations on the size of a file that
Moray or Povray can handle, or is it limited only by the power of the
computer? I made a .mdl file that has thousands of CSG's in it, and I had to
increase the vertices and edges settings in Moray significantly to get moray
to show the wireframes. When I tried to render in Povray (ver 3.1), it hangs
up. Are there some settings in Povray I need to adjust, or is there a limit
to what Povray can handle, or do I just need a newer computer? I have an
Athlon 500 mhz processor with 128 meg ram. Would doubling the ram help?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message