POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : IK chain question Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:53:15 EDT (-0400)
  IK chain question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: IK chain question
Date: 30 Jan 2002 22:17:10
Message: <3c58b736@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I've been experimenting with an IK chain of rings arranged  in the form of a
segmented tube (see "segmented helix?"). I'm fairly satisfied with the
results so far, but I would like to limit the amount of curvature in the
chain, so there will not be any really tight bends, only graceful curves.
What adjustments should I make to achieve this? I have almost no experience
with IK, so I suppose I could be missing something very obvious. It appears
to me that to change the modify settings, I have to change them for each
individual CSG, so changing settings without knowing what I'm doing would be
prohibitively time-consuming.
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message