POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Cone of Ligh Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:08:33 EDT (-0400)
  Cone of Ligh (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mitchell Waite
Subject: Cone of Ligh
Date: 13 Jan 2002 15:25:37
Message: <3c41ed41$1@news.povray.org>
Dear Avid an Rabid Moray Users:

Is there way I can make my spotlight appear to have a cone of light seem to
emanate from it without haven't to use atmosphere (which seems to low my
rendering way down and adds too much stuff outside my light area)? In other
words I want the light to glow from the lamp to the object it is projected
onto.

Post a reply to this message

yeah, marry a cone to the light source that matches the cone
shape of the light- fiddle with the textures to get what you
want.  I used this technique in my Fireflies animations.

-peter

--
Current obsession: "Ballet pour ma fille."
http://www.applesnake.net

Post a reply to this message

I could not get it to look right. Can you send me a texture that will work?

"Dearmad" <dea### [at] applesnakenet> wrote in message
> yeah, marry a cone to the light source that matches the cone
> shape of the light- fiddle with the textures to get what you
> want.  I used this technique in my Fireflies animations.
>
> -peter
>
> Mitchell Waite wrote:
> >
> > Dear Avid an Rabid Moray Users:
> >
> > Is there way I can make my spotlight appear to have a cone of light seem
> > emanate from it without haven't to use atmosphere (which seems to low my
> > rendering way down and adds too much stuff outside my light area)? In
other
> > words I want the light to glow from the lamp to the object it is
projected
> > onto.
>
> --
> Current obsession: "Ballet pour ma fille."
> http://www.applesnake.net

Post a reply to this message