POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Cone of Ligh : Re: Cone of Ligh Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:29:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cone of Ligh
From: Mitchell Waite
Date: 13 Jan 2002 20:29:36
Message: <3c423480$1@news.povray.org>
I think I got more confused after reading your answers <wink>. Here is my
cone of light. It actually works but its not that great.

#declare Cone_Light =
   material  // Cone Light
   {
      texture
      {
         pigment
         {
            color rgbt <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0>
         }
         finish
         {
            ambient 1.0
            diffuse 0.8345
            reflection 0.194233
         }
      }
   }

I have re
As you can see its got a pigment but the color of that is white since
R=G=B=1.0.

I find that reflection must be on for this to work at all, you can see I
have it set to a low value.

And it makes sense for reflection to be on otherwise what would the light
bouce off?

I found turning shadows off was needed or the cone will block the light from
hitting the surface it is shining on.

With ambient up to 1 that should make it glow but it doesn't make it glow in
the air like I had hoped. I don't see a fuzz aroudn the light which is what
I want.

thanks for your help

PS is there some place I can upload my final image so everyone can see it?
"Dearmad" <dea### [at] applesnakenet> wrote in message

> Mitchell Waite wrote:
> >
> > Do I need a pigment? If so what color? And should I be able to see it
when I

> Yes you need a pigment.  COlor?  Depends on what *your* light
> looks like.
>
> > click on Preview in the Materials Editor? And do I turn Reflection on?
How